Production of packaging for personal care products and cosmetics
Of all the packaging markets, the market for personal care products and cosmetics is undoubtedly the most highly challenged in terms of eco-design and environmental impact. In addition, the small formats, wide ranges and pace of renewal require work in design to stay competitive. In response to these two major constraints, brand differentiation must come into play.
Key challenges of packaging for Personal Care Products and Cosmetics
- Reconcile multi-references and multi-runs with competitiveness
- Reconcile packaging and environmental impact
- Develop creativity while keeping costs down
- Small packaging formats and multi-references: our B.Pack production site in Burgundy with its half-format equipment is specifically geared to the market of small formats and small and medium series.
- Large series (more than X00,000 units): production is transferred to the plant in Villebon, which offers greater possibilities on its large format facilities.
- Multi-references: use of automatic barcode scans on pasting lines (to avoid mixing up references)
- Eco-design: Wauters helps you create environmentally-responsible packaging, through innovation in materials and processes, both in-house and in partnership with our suppliers and eco-friendly special finish subcontractors: cold gilding, bio-sourced inks, PET-free plating , no-paste design, etc.
- Greater resistance as an alternative to cellophane wrapping: choice of appropriate materials and ultra-resistant varnish.
- Use of recycled paperboard.
- A partnership with a paperboard box maker to develop a circular economy.
- Climatecalc measurement of your packaging’s carbon footprint.
- A green alternative systematically proposed in our quotations.
- Our sales team with their technical expertise turns your briefs into advanced technical solutions. Everything is studied: synergies, speed, paperboard alternatives, design (elimination of pasting, for example), driving perceived value at lower cost
- Our cleverly designed equipment, minimising reruns and their cost and maximising register quality.
- An integrated quality chain, partly automated thanks to our Accucheck technology
- Ongoing search for innovation, with new finishing processes, both internally and externally, to expand possibilities of differentiation.